Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday swim

Only a short one, as M. had had a minor accident and was rather shaken up - moral support more urgent than swimming!

I split a lane with J., who is doing the Aquathlon tomorrow also (might be I bring my camera!), and we had a very good little workout.

Warmup: 400 free (flip turns!), 200 kick with board (flutter, whip by 50), 100 stroke (IM with breast subbed for free)

1st set: 6 x 50 stroke on 1:15 (2 fly, 2 back, 2 breast)

2nd set: 2 x (4 x 50 free) on 1:10: #1 fast-easy, #2 easy-fast, #3 fast, #4 easy

1400 yards total

I won't do anything else today - I would like my legs to feel a bit fresher for the run tomorrow, and I need to do a huge amount of work - I have been indulging myself in triathlon training at the expense of writing time, ARGHHHHHH!

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

But triathlon training is so much more fun!

Danielle in Iowa, who is now officially having nightmares about not finishing her dissertation

Unknown said...

Danielle, as usual, makes a good point!

And it sounds like a very nice little swim.