Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday brick

OK, that was great.

I was very grumpy this morning (not quite sure why - taper - book-finishing - smell of asphalt from roadwork outside - too hot, but not quite hot enough that I thought of putting on the A/C - etc., etc.) and continued grumpy for the first two loops of my ride (too hot, later than I usually go out & correspondingly more chaotic, roadwork on lower park loop which I remember reading about and then clearly suppressed memory of but which makes the bottom part of the full loop virtually unpassable for the tender slender wheels of a road bike, etc.).

Then the endorphins kicked in and I felt wonderfully cheerful. Got back out for an easy 2-mile run afterwards - it wasn't fast, but it felt very comfortable.

I guess I have to say that I am reasonably mentally and physically prepared for this race on Sunday. NB it sounds vaguely hubristic, and I will endeavor to be happy with any kind of a safe and satisfactory finish, but I have a strong impression that if everything goes smoothly, I might be able to go sub-3:00 - I am making a mental note to make sure to start my watch at the swim start, as it may well make a difference for what effort levels I am willing to sustain on the run!

1 + 6 + 5 + 5 + 1 bike miles = 18 (avg HR 133, max HR 157)

2 run miles (avg HR 148, max HR 157)

No comments: